Does Business Intelligence suit my business?
December 19, 2019
Business intelligence provides a complete, real-time picture of the critical information that matters most to you in your daily life, presented in the form of optimized and interactive reports and dashboards. The use of “big data” is a key component to create KPIs, enabling descriptive as well as predictive analyses. Thanks to BI, you will be able to make accurate and informed decisions in real time.
Does business intelligence suit my business?
If you can see your business in the following statements, its time to consider implementing Business Intelligence.
- Is it possible to gather data from multiple sources and software in my business?
- I need reports in real-time!
- I want to validate if the actions we are taking has a real effect on performance
- We are losing too much time with data entry tasks
- My business generates so much data it is impossible to analyse
- I cannot identify the paths to improving my business
- Our teams work separately in a siloed infrastructure
- I need dashboards dedicated to the sales, marketing, finance or production departments.
Here are some tangible examples of BI:
- Viewing machine performance in real time;
- Guiding decision-makers on production performance;
- Evaluating the impact of a change in business process;
- Scheduling preventive maintenance;
- Predicting sales and financial performance;
- Optimizing supplier and production management.
- Evaluating estimated versus actual performance;
- Conducting a technological watch;
- Providing information on customer satisfaction;
- Boosting support centres’ performance;
- Minimizing customer irritation and maximizing customer retention;
- Analyzing salespeople’s performance.
- Generating reports including descriptive data on sales;
- Informing decision-makers about consumers’ purchasing habits;
- Optimizing marketing campaigns;
- Improving the customer experience by providing personalized offers;
- Tracking popular products;
- Assessing the performance of promotions.
Thinking about implementing BI in your company? Download our eBook to learn more and thoroughly understand the best BI practices so you can start benefiting from BI now.
Cybersecurity in 2021: threats and trends to take note of
It's not an option anymore—it's a necessity! Investing in cybersecurity is no longer just for large organizations. Since the onset of Covid-19, we've seen a 238% increase in cyber attacks (FinTech News), which means that SMEs, too, are incredibly vulnerable.
11 little-known Windows 10 features that make you look like a pro
Although it was released in 2015, the Windows 10 operating system contains many features that most users have yet to learn about. While these nifty shortcuts and tools have flown under the radar for years, they undoubtedly can speed up quite a few of your daily tasks. Discover a few unexpected Windows features that any PC user can benefit from.
Why is my computer so slow? 7 ways to speed up a sluggish PC
If you feel like your computer isn’t as fast as it once was, it’s probably not just your imagination! PCs do slow down with age—not only because their hardware wears out, but even more so because certain software applications degrade system performance over time.