Employers, here is how Microsoft can help you get through the current health crisis.
March 18, 2020
We are all preoccupied by the Civid-19 (coronavirus)and
the impact it has in our lives. The spread is now global, and enterprises are directly
and substantially impacted. During this
time of preventative and compulsory quarantine, how can business continue to
As employers, it is our duty to protect the health of our employees by taking proactive measures to limit the risk of contagions. To help us with this, Microsoft offers collaborative tools and solutions that enable a home office. Here are some of the tools that enable your employees to continue working from the safety of their home.
Microsoft Teams is an excellent tool that makes possible collaboration within your organisation. This application, offered by Microsoft, is truly a social media type tool promoting teamwork. It is entirely focused on collaboration within your enterprises and is offered free of charge with and Office 365 license. It facilitates:
- Scalable enterprise level effective communication accommodating multiple locations and home offices.
- Efficient live collaboration on documents the team is working on.
- High level security and access control.
- Meeting organization where everyone can be present remotely.
- Confidential texting to a team or individual.
- Channel creation to promote collaboration and access control
With such functionality, you and your employees will be able to work from anywhere while keeping constant contact and no longer work in silos!
Microsoft offers a cloud storage solution called OneDrive. This tool, including its free version, enable your employees to quick save their documents and have access to them even from their home office. The free version covers you for your first 5 Go of data.
Enterprise Mobility + Security
Mobility should not never equal less security within your organisation. Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) ensures security and productivity for all your devices. EMS protects your data in the following ways:
- Identity and access controls
- Information protection
- Protection against cyber attacks
- Cloud security access agents
Identity and access control
EMS uses Cloud based machine learning technology and double authentication to detect abnormal and malicious activities, so your organisation is secure from cyberattacks even as your employees work from home.
EMS not only controls access to files, it also quantifies data within the system and ensures the devices connected are compliant for optimal security.
Protection again cyber attacks
EMS is front line in your efforts to secure your data. It counters phishing type attacks and systematically blocks the distribution of sensitive data to become your best friend in countering loss of data.
based security agent
EMS audits your cloud applications and ensures they are secure for your organisation and your personnel. You gain full visuality on transfers of data and allows you to control this traffic, thus offering better cyber attack protection.
KEZBER BEST PRACTICES IN HOME OFFICE IT SECURITY
At Kezber, balancing employee productivity and data security are paramount. They include the following best practices:
- Use company supplied devices whenever possible.
- Avoid the use of USB devices such as external drives and USB keys. Look to the functionality of OneDrive as a best practice in your organsation.
- Do not share data on external platforms
- Avoid public wifi.
- Do not leave your phone, computer and other electronic devises unattended in a public place.
- Do not share your business computer with family members.
If you are using your personal computer:
- Perform SW updates to reduce the vulnerability related to security bugs.
- Make sure your anti-virus is updated and up.
- Do not use public computers to access your work documents.
- Once again, do not share your computer with family members. Ex: children.
you are looking to put in place collaborative tools or ensuing the security of
your data, our team of experts can assist you in a timely manner. We can also assist
with your hardware requirement. For more
information contact our IT experts.
Cybersecurity in 2021: threats and trends to take note of
It's not an option anymore—it's a necessity! Investing in cybersecurity is no longer just for large organizations. Since the onset of Covid-19, we've seen a 238% increase in cyber attacks (FinTech News), which means that SMEs, too, are incredibly vulnerable.
11 little-known Windows 10 features that make you look like a pro
Although it was released in 2015, the Windows 10 operating system contains many features that most users have yet to learn about. While these nifty shortcuts and tools have flown under the radar for years, they undoubtedly can speed up quite a few of your daily tasks. Discover a few unexpected Windows features that any PC user can benefit from.
Why is my computer so slow? 7 ways to speed up a sluggish PC
If you feel like your computer isn’t as fast as it once was, it’s probably not just your imagination! PCs do slow down with age—not only because their hardware wears out, but even more so because certain software applications degrade system performance over time.